Name: Lynbrook Diner
Reopened after fire, April 2014
Name: Raceway Diner
American fare with Greek specialties.
|Pumpjack's Diner (2)|
Name: Pumpjack's Diner (2)
Part of an ill-fated double diner project. Former Brandywine Diner from Wilmington, Delaware.
In a rare bit of diner move news with a happy ending, we learned this past month that the former Foster Street Diner, Worcester diner number 598, located in Peabody, Massachusetts has shipped to Shannock, Rhode Island. Its new owner Sandy Neuschatz plans a full restoration and has hired Richard Gutman as the project's consultant. Richard also serves as the director the Johnson & Wales Culinary Museum which is currently working to restore its own diner, the former Everready Diner.
The photo at right shows the diner now stripped of its long-time shingled covering displaying its former name. The 1928-vintage structure was moved by O.B. Hill Riggers of Natick, Massachusetts. Newspaper stories originally reported the involvement of the Imaginary Diner Museum, but Roadside has since learned that after some research, Mr. Neuschatz opted instead to hire someone with some actual credentials in diner restoration, and who runs an actual museum. Mr. Neuschatz also dodged another bullet by wisely rejecting Daniel Zilka's offer to "hold" a newly discovered frosted window original to the diner. Mr. Neuschatz plans to operate the diner in Shannock. No word yet on a timetable for his plans.